Friday, January 6, 2012

Tis the Season to Pay Bills? Let's Get Organized

My husband and I refuse to let Christmas bills haunt us during the new year. Several years ago we decided to pay cash as we go or pay off the charges from our "Christmas" account we opened at our bank. This system relieves stress, stress that many shoppers experience in the post holiday months. This also allows us to shop the January sales guilt-free, so our "gift box" can fill up for upcoming birthdays, weddings, baby showers, or for the next Christmas. It's a win-win system for us and the stores or catalogue companies we shop.

My next goal is to have all the decorations down and tucked away under the house by tomorrow. Then the rooms look and feel so clean that I'm usually incentivized to clear out and box up items to be donated to Goodwill or the local re-sale store.

I really haven't made specific New Year resolutions, except to begin 2012 with a clean, uncluttered slate. My energy is now centered on family, winter travel plans, my writing projects, and the upcoming birth of our third grandson. It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: