Monday, January 9, 2012

Memoir: "Tunnel of Love" Touches Readers


My memoir, Through the Tunnel of Love - A Mother's and Daughter's Journey With Anorexia, was published last April. Since that time I have received positive feedback from a variety of readers. I would like to share the most recent comment: "Dear Donelle, I just finished your book and loved every chapter. It really hit home because we are going through a similar experience with our 38 year old son. He has always had some minor problems like mild OCD and lately has a few delusions. I'm hoping we just need to change his meds. So we are in the middle of the tunnel and of course he is in denial... And like you I know that constant love and support is so very important. I hope and pray that 2012 brings a turn around."

This feedback means so much to me not only as a writer, but as the mother of a recovered anorectic. Even with love, medical intervention, family support and faith, we still faced dark times in our tunnel when our daughter was so ill. If you have a family member or know of a friend who may be suffering from an eating disorder, OCD, or similar mental/emotional issues, consider my book. It is available on Amazon.com or you can contact me on my blog.

All the best to you in 2012.

No comments: