Thursday, November 17, 2011

Inspiration, Perspiration, Determination


A writer looks for inspiration, but often inspiration finds the writer. That's what happened to me three weeks ago. Real INSPIRATION hit me when I least expected it.

I had just resumed editing my novel that was started a good while ago, but I set it aside when new thoughts came, most unexpectedly. They came so quickly that I stayed up late; I wrote in the middle of the night, early morning, whenever I walked by my computer. A real-life experience, one that isn't pleasant, cried to be heard. The interesting thing is that this painful subject makes it possible for me to tell another story too - a story that I had promised to tell, but one I wasn't ready for. The second story is a story of unconditional love, loss, healing, and redemption. The two are intertwined.

I'm only on chapter four, but if things progress as they have so far, I hope to complete my new memoir in a few months. I'm thankful for inspiration, for the gift of words, and the mysterious way it all works together.

No comments: