Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getting Better All the Time

Growing up, Christmas and summer vacation was the time I could read to my heart's content. Not only could I read whenever I wished, but I could read whatever I wished. Summertime on Saturday mornings my best friend and I would wait for the book mobile to pull up at the corner of Prescott and 68th Street. With library card in hand we'd go to our favorite section and check out as many Nancy Drew and Betsy, Tacy books, or any other mystery-adventure book we could find. Linda and I would plop down on the cool grass under a tree or in her room and read for hours, to ultimately create our own true-life adventures. We'd spend hours imagining scenarios and riding our bikes around the neighborhood searching for clues.

Now that I'm "grown-up" and recently retired, I can read anything and everything I want, and I do. And as a writer I can create as many fictional and true-life stories as I wish. I also have time to spend with my grandchildren, and can watch and guide them in developing their own interests, hobbies, and passions

in life.

Yes, it just keeps getting better and better all the time.

No comments: