Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ready for A Straight Stretch of Road


The twists and turns of life never fail to surprise me even though I know life’s journey is the proverbial “winding road”, full of hills and valleys, blind curves, overhanging branches that obscure the path, and the occasional “deer in the road” incident.

Last fall I traveled a challenging road complete with potholes, sharp turns and the ever-present surprise just around the corner. Through it all, family and friends were supportive and encouraging. I tried to adopt an upbeat, positive attitude, and reminded myself that,” This too shall pass.” And it did.

Just when I wasn’t looking, a series of surprising events took place and now I am on a straight stretch of road which offers exciting experiences, the chance to make new friends, and an opportunity to take my career in a new direction.

This weekend will prove to be beautiful and sunny & so I wish you a Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: