Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Calla Lillies, Roses and Satin


Ordinarily, when I think of weddings June comes to mind, but this September our daughter's wedding preparations are in full throttle. She is getting married in mid-October and the days are flying by all too quickly. Looking through our notebook of invoices and lists the other day, I panicked, sure we had forgotten something vital. Do we have a DJ yet? Is the soloist up to speed with the ceremony schedule? Have we ordered the program stationery? What about the table favors?

I know it all will work out, and the day will come and go and we'll still be in one piece, but this is all so new to me. I planned my wedding way back when, and partly because of finances, or lack thereof, it was a simple affair. But you know, we're just as married as the couple who spent ten times as much. My daughter has been easy to work with and we've been on the "same page" 99% of the time. In fact, I treasure every detail, every trip to the bridal shop, to the event coordinator and florist.

The kids' engagement pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to see the wedding photos. My daughter and her fiance are so happy and their love and joy shines through. I count it as a miracle and a blessing that they found each other. Whatever happens on the big day, and you know something always comes up, it will be a beautiful, wonderful day to share with friends and loved ones. Think of us on October 18. More later!

No comments: