Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall is in the Air


No matter where I live or visit, the fall season has always been my favorite time of year. Except for September 1988 when our family was transferred to eastern Washington state. No one in our family was happy at the idea of being uprooted, and I was sure I'd never be happy again. I fought the move with every fiber of my being, but I thank God that He knew what was best for us. Personally, I have been blessed beyond belief and I find myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to grow in more ways than I can count.

It's funny, but just when circumstances seem to take a turn for the worse and options run out, that's when fate, God, destiny, whatever you choose to call it, steps in to make things right.

2008 has been, perhaps, the happiest time of my life in recent years. I know just as the tides ebb and flow, so will good fortune, but this year I relish every day, every event, every moment, and every breath I take.

No comments: