Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Between Holidays - Suspended Animation

It's hard to put into words, but I'll try. The week between Christmas and New Years always holds me in a state of suspended animation. I can't help but feel something's coming, something big - right around the corner; like Tony sang about in the musical, West Side Story. 2011 has been a year of surprises, change, challenges, happiness, and hope, with the promise of more to come.

People ask, "What are your plans for New Year's Eve?" We plan on going out to dinner, not partying, just the two of us enjoying each other's company and then coming home, in the event family stops by. Family, that's what it's all about, for us anyway.

As each new year approaches, I marvel at how quickly time seems to fly by; and as far as New Year's resolutions, I guess they're the same as my day to day goals. I have a big stack of books to read, several writing projects to finish, family to spend time with, and the outdoors to explore.

I'll finish by wishing everyone, many I don't even know, a very Happy New Year and blessings for 2012.

No comments: