Saturday, December 10, 2011

Freezing Cold Outside, Warm and Toasty Inside


In my previous post, I spoke metaphorically of heavy fog and its ability to envelop our physical environment as well as our emotional and spiritual world. In reality, bone chilling fog and ice has settled into our community, but my heart has never been warmer and more at peace.

Last evening I hosted a book signing at Hastings Books and I saw two friends from my past, one coincidentally and one who came specifically to buy my book. It was one of those serendipitous moments, a welcome interlude, a small miracle.

God brings people and situations into our lives, not by accident, but by design. I will never understand His plan, but am grateful to be a part of it.

So keep an eye out for your little Christmas miracle, the moment that warms your heart on a freezing, cold night.

No comments: